Oct 28, 2008

Sheila Raye

This day of my life leaves me exhausted and full of sorrow. It is one of those evenings where I would like nothing better than to curl up in the arms of Jesus literally. My sister Sheila passed away Saturday and today we laid her to rest. Funerals are tough but at the same time it is a celebration of a life. It was comforting to be with family that I wished I saw more often. I love them and hope they all know how much easier they have made this time. Although Sheila and I were 16 years apart in age, I marveled at many things she possessed that I don't. These things I will miss: her ability to comfort the hurting, her contagious laughter, her neat personality, her sense of humor, and her phone messages that always cracked me up. If you think Maggie Lynn has a southern drawl, Sheila wrote the book on it!
Watching my mom grieve was the hardest part. Her and I were the last two to walk away from the casket before they lowered it. Mom touched it and told her daughter she would be there soon. Where? Heaven and when we all get there what a day of rejoicing that will be. Keep us in your prayers as the LORD guides us through this time of grief.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I love you Misty and I have been praying for you! If you need anything, just let me know.

Misty said...

sorry to hear about your loss. we are praying for you guys. tell your mother sorry, too.

Amanda said...

I am so sorry, Misty. I didn't know or I would have said something sooner. Your family is in my prayers. I hear that you are still trying to get everyone healthy in your house. Let me know if I can help.

Beverly said...

Oh, Misty..I am so sorry for your loss. I had no idea, either, or I would have said something. Please know that you will be in my constant prayers.

Unknown said...

Misty,
I am so sorry! You and your family will be in my prayers.
Love you,
Lora