Nov 1, 2008

All Hallow's Eve

Handy Manny & Wonder Woman (Does Wonder Woman look familiar to anyone)

This is only the second year in which I didn't side favorably on denouncing Halloween. As a Christian I felt as though somehow I was dishonoring God. This was just ignorance on my part. Ignorance because I wasn't viewing it from a historical perspective. But last year Tom had me listen to a program explaining the actual meaning behind Halloween (Google The Bible Answer Man if you are interested in knowing the meaning of Halloween. Halloween Day's program was fittingly on this subject). The bottom line for me was that it was used by Christians as a strategic opportunity to get the gospel out to pagans. So this year momma was much more hands on. We had a good time even though Maggie started us off on a sour note. She got sick and it looked as though all hope was gone of having a merry ole time trick or treating. But amazingly enough she didn't toss her cookies again. And by the end of the night we could hear our kids teeth rotting and we knew this was a successful Halloween.
All dressed up and no candy to show for it!
It took the whole household to get even this picture.
Batman suits him much better don't you think.

2 comments:

H.T. said...

They all look so cute! I'll have to show Ross the pic of "Handy Manny". He loves that show!

Amanda said...

I like the costumes. I'm glad you guys had a good time. I hope you all get well soon!