Nov 25, 2008

Tribute #1: Wilson Collis





....And so the tributes begin...with Wilson Collis Archer (a.k.a Wil, W.C. ,
Willie Boy, Wil Bub). He is our first born, a typical first born too. He is cautious, reserved, eager to please. He likes rules to be followed that is unless he wants to win. He was what is classified as an easy baby. This makes for a happy momma. Ask Wil what he wants for Christmas and he'll say "all things sports". This makes for a happy dad. Speaking of which. I have never known a boy to bond with his daddy so fast!! There is suppose to be that first 18 months of a boy's life where his world revolves around mommy and then mommy has to let go so that the bonding process between boy and dad can transpire. There was never that transition for Wil. Daddy had his heart from birth. My hypothetical opinion is that daddy got to change the first diaper....I dunno.

One word comes to mind for those who know Wilson best-BASKETBALL. This makes for a VERY happy daddy. The boy loves it. I'm not exaggerating when I say from birth until about 4 years old, the only toy that occupied Wil's time was a ball (many kinds). Whether he was shooting it, hitting it,
throwing it, walking with it, or sitting on it. Now at 5 years old, he has only one other pastime. It is puzzles. He can work circles around me with a puzzle.

The cutest thing with Wil right now is that he is taken by the girls. He is drawn to em' like a moth to a flame!! He chases them around the gym on Mondays. The funny thing is that they chase him back. Let me just say he is seriously committed too. I have even seen him step in with a protective reflex and defend them. I was quite impressed. What a blessed girl who finds the hand of my son. At least momma sees it that way.



Wil, my son. He was the beginning for me. The beginning of a whole new chapter in my life. This chapter lies at the root of a deeper walk with God. The chapter of Wil purposed me to live better and love deeper!!

My prayer for Wilson is that he will be a man after God's own heart, that he will find the road in which God has his race marked out specifically for him. I want him to love people and glorify God by living and doing all that God has set for him to do.













































































2 comments:

H.T. said...

Spoken like a true momma. Wil is an awesome little kid. I am so glad our boys are growing up together!
Love you guys!

Amanda said...

I think these tributes are a great idea. I may just have to copy you. Wil is a great kid! You have many reasons to be proud.