Nov 10, 2008

Jelly Toast Anyone?




Here I have one more example of daddy being the one who comes in with his bag of tricks and sprinkles salt (or cinnamon) on the mundane with some whipped cream on top. How many husbands out there feed their kids the forbidden foods for dinner when momma is not home or in my case, when momma is not looking. Forbidden foods include: a chocolate candybar , Trix cereal (I swore as a mom that my kids would never eat those boxes of sugar they so ingeniously package in the kid-friendly boxes and have the audacity to call cereal. This turned into a rejected expectation. Why? Ask my husband what his favorite cereal is and how he delights in giving it to our kids.), and my favorite Jelly Toast. This food name was coined by Rachel Moix to describe what her fun daddy of a husband feeds her kids while she is away. I love how us moms can relate so well to one another.
Mondays are rush, rush, rush and oh so tiring. I know these pictures look like breakfast, but this is din-din time at the Archers. Yes I gave my kids cereal for their evening meal BUT, BUT it was Special K. I gave them a piece of toast (NOT jelly toast) and put just enough cinnamon on it so that I wouldn't have to lie when they asked if I had or not. Without warning, I heard Tom say "now that is cinnamon toast". Their little bit of hardly there cinnamon was now I can't see the toast for the cinnamon. Before I can utter my objections, he is squirting whipped cream on it while he is rewarded with giggles of approval.
I tried to act mortified, but deep down I was thanking God for Tommy and his ability to make not only our kids lives but my life a whole lot "sweeter"!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Now that is GREAT! What an awesome daddy. ;) There are many nights that we have cereal (or toast/eggs, waffles, etc.) for dinner. Better than spending money on fast-food-junk-food, right?

How was the Santa thing at the mall?