Nov 7, 2008

Wil's Pick

It was Wilson's pick tonight for Family Night. "You never know what I'm gonna pick?" says Wil. And Yet Tom and I know exactly what he is dying to do. He has been dreaming all week of Wii, roasted marshmallows, Micah, Maddie, Uncle Mike, and Sissy. As soon as we walked in the door he was talking trash to Uncle Mike, "I'm gonna beat ya!". Wil just about hyperventilated when he found out they had Dodge ball on the Wii.
Wil was introduced to Dodge ball at church. I believe Christopher Moix ushered the game in in the preschool room. We were at Co-op (Monday school) and Wil pegged a sweet boy in the head with the ball during a friendly game. When I asked where he learned that he said "Abbie's daddy". It totally cracked me up [not that he threw the ball at the boy but the "Abbie's daddy part]. Boys will be boys.
So tonight Wil played endlessly with the Wii. The boy can play some Wii now. Micah was awesome with Maggie. She wrote up a cool little invitation to a tea party in her room. They dressed up and had tea and grapes with Maddie. Tom and I just sat back and enjoyed watching our kids be kids. We also got to watch a little NBA on Uncle Mike and Sissy's 52 inch flat screen. That was a bonus for us.
Wil had a great family night. "You never know what I'm gonna pick for my next family night?" was Wilson's last words as we got in the van to leave.

1 comment:

Mike Archer said...

Wil, you don't have to wait until family night...anytime...bring it little man!!!