Aug 27, 2008

A Good Morning


Do you ever have one of those mornings where all seems right with the world. It's like getting all green lights when you are in a hurry. That is the type of morning the LORD has given me. I started my day with 6am coffee with a dear friend before we went for a nice power walk. Power may be overstating it a bit. At best, I may have worked off the overdose of french vanilla creamer I conditioned my coffee with. What I needed most out of our coffee time is exactly what I got...a big laugh. She told me a story that caused me to have one of those laughs that goes on and on until you cry. Oh my I haven't laugh that hard in a long while

If that wasn't enough, when I came in after our walk, everybody was still asleep (Tom had left for work)! Oh yeah. It was off to the bedroom to spend some quiet time with the LORD! I only got 5 minutes of His Word but it was exactly what I needed...I have come to expect that from Him- who am I that He would be mindful of me but He is.

In the picture, you can see my day got even sweeter from there. I was in Trey's room when they woke up all sleepy eyed and hair a mess. Wil is NOT affectionate but I do get 5 minutes where he just wants to get awake in mommy's arms and then he is good for the day, Maggie, on the other hand, will suck her fingers and lay on me all day, and Trey...well he hasn't a choice! I know I can talk a mile about my kiddos but it is the glory work the LORD has chosen for me and I praise Him for it. The great thing about blogs is you get to be....well....kind of self-centered if you will. By that I mean what you write is what you want to write.

Then God just about overdid it when Marinda sent me an email to say she knew of a woman who had a little tykes playground thingy (excuse my wording from here on out...I am working on borrowed time....it is just about naptime and that is usually when my day can turn ugly. Anywho it was awesome and would be perfect for my kids and it was c-h-e-a-p in price that is. At this point I was singing and dancing until I checked my email. "It sold" was all it said and that was all I needed to read before I forgot all about my wonderful morning. Isn't that just like us to forget so easily the blessings of the LORD. Remember how the Israelites were after God had delivered them from slavery, parted the Red Sea for them, provided for them food, and not to mention just knowing they were His chosen people. I can read that sometimes and think how could they be so ungrateful, until God says "hold up and check yourself. You too forget where I brought you from and what I have so graciously given you." I may not have a Little Tykes playground but I have a sweet Savior who showers me with an undeserved blessed life!