Aug 16, 2008

What A Day!

Tommy and Misty Archer hardly ever have what one might call a "crazy" day. We just aren't busy people. We love the simple life or we are boring...take your pick. This day was very much an exception. Not being accustomed to business, I made a serious to do list Friday night.
Even with the precious to-do list, my day didn't start off well.
Trey woke up at 6:15am after I had had a late, but fun Friday night (Thanks Escues for a fun time although I did have nightmares about falling down a flight of medal spiral stairs). then I threw a breaker trying to plug up my treadmill. I couldn't fix it so I had to call my heroic husband to walk me through the whole breaker thing, then Trey wouldn't nap (that alone brings me to tears). Our favorite Veggies, Bob and Larry were suppose to meet us @ Lifeway at 11am (can you believe we have a Lifeway--YES!!) Momma worked her punctual magic and we were there at 10 till 11 camera in hand.
When Bob and Larry walked in, you would have thought Elvis had just entered the building. Kids young and old were screaming and fainting....hysteria I'm tellin ya. Mags was getting frustrated cuz Larry wouldn't talk back and once Wil hugged Larry so hard that Larry almost fell and cleared 20 or 30 people with his bigness. Finally and I do mean finally after all the tearful goodbyes we left the Veggies but then Wil wanted to wait on Saraya. To that I said, "Unless Saraya is going to be dressed as a big cucumber or a red tomato were out of here!" In 2007 we took the kids to Branson to Celebration City where Bob and Larry were suppose to put on a show. For 2 months prior to our trip, the talk was always on Bob and Larry. Tom and me were so excited to take our Veggie Tale- loving kids to see the show. We hyped it up in a big way!! 2 months later we walk into the theatre anxiously waiting the "show" to start. I'm not lying when I say 2 young girls walk out and did a sad sad skit and sang some veggie tale songs. The last 5 minutes of the show Bob and Larry come out and stood letting the parents and kids come up for a quick photo shoot-sad sad sad for Wil and Mags--mad mad mad for momma and daddy. The Lifeway appearance was much better. It also helped that we had no expectations.
Our next stop was Craighead Forrest Park to our first CHE (homeschooling group) outing...a picnic. We ate BBQ, got a little acquainted with some of the people (we are newcomers), and then the kids played their little hearts out! I had a lot of fun. Thanks again, Rachel, for taking care of me.
We headed home very tired. Everyone got a nap except me (yes i want sympathy) and then we were off to our friend Ross's birthday party. Did you know that Ross Taylor and Wil was born on the same day? Wil is actually a few hours older but Ross wears a size 12 or13shoe and Wil wears a 9 on a good day. There was swimming and talking and a wonderful blue cake. You should be able to see it in the picture. I'm just thankful that Wil finally got to go to a male birthday party because Wil is surrounded by girls and he will stand toe to toe with anyone who tries to mess with any one of his precious female friends, but it was nice to see him hang with the boys.
Ross opened his presents. He got some cool presents...ones that I have never heard of. Tell me. Am I the only one who has never heard of I-Dogs or Webkins. Apparently they are the newest craze. I have got to get with it. But now the only thing I'm gonna get is in bed!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That was a very busy day. We missed the Veggie Tales. I didn't know about it until last night. I, too, have been very disappointed by the Branson show. But, we went to one at Dollywood this summer that was much better. Sounds like the kids had a lot of fun yesterday!

Try not to have anymore of those nightmares. :-)

James Hewitt said...

You are going to have to get used to not knowing about all of the newest technological stuff if you are going to home school your kids. You have to spend to much time making your own clothes and turning fresh butter from cream got from your cow in the back yard to mess around with any of that computer stuff. If you have any questions about that stuff just ask Dana, she was home schooled so she know all about it.