Aug 11, 2008

Family Fun

I am a fool for Archer family night. Every member of the family gets a turn picking what they want to do on Friday nights. We can't take credit for this of course. We just followed suit behind the Moix's. It's o.k. to steal a great idea as long as you make it your own right? It was Wil's turn this night and putt putt was his pick. O.k I've tried to hold back for the past 5 years but now I can contain it no longer. My son dominates. What does he dominate? All things sports. Before I continue, the LORD gets all the credit....well HIM and a proud daddy. He got none of his talent from momma. Its all Archer [tell me if i'm wrong but the Archer brothers glory days are starting to fade...what is up with all the injuries boys?] !! Well I have to say my own 3 brothers were pretty dominate themselves but that trait missed me [and Maggie...you'll see why] by a mile. Picture it! It was hole 2, Lil Archer steps up with putter in hand, he looks, he gets his stance, clears the mechanism, and you got HOLE IN ONE. And you maybe thinking whoopee...read on my friend. Please know my bragging is all in fun of course!!









The proud golfer. And from here on out he was Mr Golf Pro or so he thought. He was handing out pointers left and right.





a few holes later....The Archenater strikes again! Hole N One baby. At this point he has a little strut in his step if you know what I mean uncle Mike. Now on to Maggie.


This is what she thought of putt putt. I'm not kidding when I say out of 18 holes, she participated in 2 of them. She totally entertained herself by talking to the fake animals and pulling her dress over her head while she played with her belly button. See she is talented too.

Seconds later and I do mean seconds. She fell off this horse and landed right on her face. Poor girl.





and then there's my perfect one. He says, " you fools can go sweat in the hot sun if you want but I like it here where my mammaw spoils me rotten and jumps when I say jump" I love you baby boy and before long you'll join us.
I have no idea what I've done to this layout. I can hear Dana laughing right now!!






















4 comments:

Dana said...

ha! i didn't know why i was suppose to be laughing until i scrolled down to find the leave a comment link and there was miles of blank space!!!!! you are too funny. i'm just grateful that you blog!!!!!!

Beverly said...

Hi! I just now found that you left a comment for me a week or so ago on my blog. Sorry! I have been so busy that I just missed it. Glad to have another blogging buddy! Are you guys going to the picnic? Looking forward to meeting you!

Mike Archer said...

Wil...I am a machine on the putt putt course. Chip Black is the only person to defeat me and that's because I am also a compassion machine...I keep giving, giving and giving. Bring it on Little Man!!!

Amanda said...

Wil told me about his two hole-in-ones during class on Sunday. I was impressed! We tried putt putt for the first time this summer. We made it throught the fifth hole and then spent the rest of the night plugging quarters into the car rides outside. My kids just weren't ready. You can't tell them that though. They are begging to go back!