Jul 18, 2008

Surprise Date



My sweet and thoughtful husband surprised me early in the week. He arranged for Wil and Mags to stay with Uncle Mike and Sissy overnight (Trey will stay with mom) so that we could go eat at my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. Its not my birthday or our anniversary so yes he earned major points with thist one. My love tank is sittin on full!! He's thinking "yeah i'm good for at least a few weeks" and he's probably right! We had a great time. The food was good of course! The conversation was so peaceful. We kept stopping after every other word expecting little voices from the backseat to but in with a "momma guess what" or "daddy I want VBS songs". I love just hangin with my man. It keeps it fresh.

As for Uncle Mike and Sissy, bless them. For those Crossroadians if Michael seems a little disoriented during his sermon Sunday, you can blame my kids. I'm sure they bossed him to and fro all night Friday. You see my kids think of Uncle Mike, Sissy, Micah and Maddie as the Incredible Family....you know the Disney movie. In their eyes, they are the superheroes of fun! Compared to them, Tom and I are just chopped liver when it comes to excitement.

Any who it was a good night. Now we're ready to see our kiddos. We miss them when they aren't with us. Yes even after one night!

2 comments:

H.T. said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to have a date night! That's awesome. It is so nice to be back in Jonesboro and at Crossroads with some of my favorite people in the world! Keep on blogging. Your site looks great!
Love ya!

H.T. said...

Where's Rachel Moix's blog???? We've got to get her going!