Jul 23, 2008

Let Your Voice Be Heard!

As the time draws near for us to elect our 44th President, my concerns grow. Honestly I'm not sure I could hold my own in a political discussion. But my husband enjoys politics and has been a big asset in keeping me in the know (somewhat at least). I do believe as Christians we should keep up as best as we can with the beliefs and credibility of our country's leaders. It is important to get the "best" (i use the word best lightly cuz i realize sometimes it is like choosing 6 of one and half a dozen of the other) leader in office who will stand up for the moral issues and such. There is my challenge (as weak as it was) to educate yourself on not just Obama or McCain but all government offices that we have the privilege of voting on.

Now to the fun part of it. As I pondered on what direction our country could possibly take (so thankful I know Who is on the throne), I thought about the leaders in the OT and what I have learned about many of them. There were some amazing leaders in the OT and Pastor Mike has done a great job introducing some of them to us on Sunday morning so let your voice be heard. Take my poll (you'll see it at the side of the page). You will notice I didn't put David as a choice. I think he would have won hands down. And hey if you don't know their background here is a good chance to dig into the treasury of God's Word. GO VOTE!

2 comments:

H.T. said...

That's great food for thought Misty! I too have to remind myself who is on the throne or it can start to feel pretty scary!!! God is in control and He will take care of His children. May we choose as He would desire!

Amanda said...

I like this post. I've been pretty discouraged myself I'm getting some peace about my decision. Thanks!

Let's get together again, soon!