Jul 17, 2008

memories

My best friend from high school come for a visit today with her new baby girl. We swam and just reminised. We don't get to hang out much but when we do, we like to go back to the 90's at Greene County Tech. We share a lot of memories she and I. Some of which we cringe over (more on that later) and some we laugh about like the time we were convinced in our 11 yr old minds that we were going to dig a pool with 2 shovels. We shared some outrageous plans like moving to New York City....me as a hygenist and her pursuing a modeling career. Sabrina could make me laugh until I cried. We could make fun out of nothing. Now here we are married with kids.
Some of the memories we share I wouldn't care to forget. I guess you could say on a few occassions we got carried away with our youthful selves. Looking back on the mistakes I made in my past I thank God for His grace and His forgiveness and His protection.
I guess we all have a past (some are more unpleasant than others of course) but in one way or the other that past can sometimes haunt us. I have a propensity to grieve when I see a certain person or even hear a certain song but when those moments come I have learned to praise God for bringing me to a place of restoration.
The neatest thing is that life has brought Sabrina and I to the same road in life...a road that leads to Jesus. She inspires me with the way she loves God and wants to serve Him. Her greatest passion is Jesus and seeing Him glorified. If you read this Brina, thank you for the memories!!

No comments: