Jan 1, 2009

NOT Just Another Year

Here I sit in 2009. Oh the plans/resolutions I have this year. I have a list a page in a half long. I usually don't do resolutions in January simply because it seems I am always resolving to do this, that, or the other.
I will admit I have a fixation, a passion, or whatever you want to call it for planning and organizing. Disorganization is a bee in my bonnet. I cannot effectively function without a plan. Come to my house and you will find a schedule for my day, Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm. I keep a notebook for everything and to this collection I have added a notebook of 09 resolutions and plans to keep these resolutions. If I sound proud of this quirk, I am not. Oh I use to be. Now it just gets on my nerves and wears me out. Most may laugh, but some know exactly where I'm coming from. These are the ways of a type A, melancholy personality thus very methodically resolving in 2009.
At the start of 08', we had a very new baby in our midst. I was sleep deprived for the better part of the year. With the help of my mom, I was caring for my 2 preschoolers, 1 infant, and one debilitated husband who for 6 weeks could do nothing without crutches. Now with a regular sleeping pattern on my side and a full functioning husband to start my year, I am ready to reach some goals and be more in 2009. First let me leave 2008 with a grateful heart.

Fave 5 Blessings of 2008
1. A new house in Jonesboro
2. Trey's first birthday
3. Starting Dave Ramsey's financial plan
4. Teaching Wil to read
5. Joining CHE (Christian Home Educators)

.....on to 09'

Fave 5 Resolutions of 2009
1. More consistent prayer (this seems to be a running theme for me in 09')
2. Exercise (me and the whole human race)
3. Schedule time away with Tommy
4. Reach out to others
5. Read The Faith by Chuck Colson (read it with me)

The other 25 I shall not disclose. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with my to-do list and my needs for improvement.
No matter where we are in our relationship with God, it is wise to "consider our ways" (Haggai 1:5).
What direction are we going in life? Let us evaluate our lives, make plans and goals, and start committing ourselves with diligence to God and His will.
"The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage" Proverbs 21:5

Here are 10 questions to jump start your thinking for 2009. These are not my own. I got them in a devotion that is emailed to me everyday.
1. What is one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What is the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What is the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What is the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?

MAKE 2009 COUNT!!

No comments: