Jan 18, 2009

A Nice Get-A-Way


Relaxing.

Much needed.

Peaceful.

Blessing.

Wonderful.

These are words to describe my weekend. With 3 children- small children, marriage enrichment can take a backseat in life. Tom and I love to end our night in the master suite just hanging out (sometimes with Chocolate chip cookies, sometimes without). We steal moments when we can. We try to keep a somewhat regular date night (thanks Moix's) a priority, but an entire day and a half with just me and my man....well that is a rare gem of a treat. Being alone with Tom is my favorite place to be. I know you have heard me say this before so stop the gagging. After all, how can 2 people still be crazy about each other after 9 years and 3 kids. Its easy. Keep marriage priority. It works. We are living proof. Do I get irritated with him. Of course. Does he get irritated with me? Probably not. Yes of course he does! It goes without saying that a marriage can never be perfect. But marriage can certainly be a sweet blessing, a gift from God... one that brings joy, contentment, and lots of good times, good times.

This weekend we had a very very good time. We took our certificate that our awesome church family gave us for pastor appreciation month. We went to a Bed and Breakfast in Hardy. It was short, but very replenishing. Tom and I are big talkers and by that I mean, our marriage gets its life from our conversations. Tommy is a great conversationalist. He keeps things interesting and is very engaging with me. Even with kids in our ears, we have been known to pretend they weren't there just to finish a conversation. So obviously it was relaxing to just hang out and talk.

Our room overlooked spring river. There were a pair of french doors that displayed the wonderful view from our king size bed. The fire place, jacuzzi, and the most comfortable robes ever were all a part of pleasant stay.

If on your way to the lake, you find yourself hungry right around the Hardy area, you should stop in at the gas station turned home cooked food restaurant.This was our choice for supper Saturday night. Tom had a steak, salad, and potatoes. I had broccoli cheddar soup, salad, and roll. It was delicious. We give it an 8! Of course with a bed and breakfast, you get breakfast. A 3-cheese blitz, eggs, toast, and bacon was our gourmet breakfast. I give it a 10!!! Tom gave it a 8. He wasn't gung ho for the 3-cheese blitz.

It was a very fast trip, but we are both so thankful for the time away. And we are grateful to Tom's parents and my mom for keeping the kiddieos. Wil and Mags enjoyed our get-a-way just as much. Trey didn't understand the get-a-way since I called him twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday just so he wouldn't forget my voice. Well he is my baby you know!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! Those trips are so wonderful. I've been feeling a need for one myself lately. We have an anniversary coming up so we'll see. I've eaten at that gas station-turned-restaurant. I thought it was good, too. I'll have to give that B&B a try sometime. Missed you today! I hope Tommy feels better soon.

H.T. said...

I'm glad you all had a great time! My family and I ate at the home cookin' gas station this summer. I'll agree, the food was pretty good, especially the fried green tomatoes!