Jan 12, 2009

No More Crawling

Yep, my baby boy is walking and with such grace I might add. Just disregard the fall at the end of the video. He has put the crawling on the shelf. Even though crawling is faster, he loves the walking. Most babies prefer crawling when they first start learning because it is a quicker way to travel. Not our Trey. He is having a grand time perfecting his newfound acheivement. I love the starting postion. Both hands on the ground, booty in the air, and push up and on his way.

For all of you who are tired of me video blogging my kids doing their tricks, I apologize. I have family who do not get to see the kiddiewoes very often. Yes I meant to put kiddiewoes. It is a little husband and wife humor.

I'm not at all partial, but don't you think he looks so cute flippin that red phone out like he has done it all his life. I'm just savoring every little thing he does just like I did with the others. My only regret is that with him being the 3rd I have hardly written anything down... like the date of his first tooth, when he rolled over, when he ate his first cereal, etc. All you moms know what I'm talking about. That's o.k. I'm sure his wife will understand. After all she will be the only one who cares about that sort of thing. You know what I mean?

Let me just talk a little to the moms that have boys. Tell me. Do you worry about just what kind of mother-in-law you'll be to his future wife? Right now I am so very protective of my boys and wonder just how easy it'll be to let go of that control. The kind that says "are you eating well?" and "are you getting enough sleep?" Thankfully I have a rational husband who knows me all too well. We have the kind of relationship where we feel free to call each other on stuff. I know he'll reel me in if I get too....well you know....in the way. Two words come to mind. Leave and Cleave. But that is way way down the road so I don't even know why I went there.

3 comments:

H.T. said...

Oh no, I find myself praying now that God will protect and set apart the wife that He has for Ross. I don't think so much about the mother-in-law relationship, maybe I should. I guess I feel like that will all fall into place if Ross marries the girl God handpicks for him. Whoever she is, I hope she feels loved like a daughter!

*Trey is a doll!

Misty said...

I think praying for your child's spouse is great because when you meet him or her you can say I have been praying for you your whole life. Isn't that cool!!!

Unknown said...

I totally understand! I often think about things I will or will not do when I am a mother-in-law.
It is a great idea to go ahead and be praying for that individual that God will choose for your little boy. Ugh! I don't even want to think about it though because, of course, no one will be able to take care of them good enough! ha