Sep 20, 2008

I Hate Germs. They Make Me Sick!

Well it has been quite a fierce week for us. Since Tuesday night, we here at the T. Archer household have been taking turns with the stomach bug. I'll spare you the details. First Maggie, then Wil and I had it together, and now as I type this Tommy is laying in bed not quite as dependent on the bathroom. He is on the downhill side of it. Oh and Trey even had a touch of it which threw me in a momentary panick, but his was light. My mom (who lives with us) is probably in the batter's box for it. I don't know what would become of us if my mom would not have taken care of Trey and Mags while Wil and I were pretty much oblivious to our surroundings. Thanks mom! It is odd how 12 hours of this type of sickness can mess with your body. The first time I attempted to get out of bed I had no balance, I could barely hold my eyes open, my back ached, my head throbbed. And yet...and yet I remind Tom that childbirth still reigns when it comes to the subject of pain (don't you love it when women play that card). Let this serve as a warning:) Its goin' around. Moms, keep your germX stocked (in purses, in car, in every room) and dads...please wash your hands and don't laugh at us moms when we germX the Wal-mart cart down before we use it. Sometimes I have been known to bring clorox wipes in a ziplock bag if I'm really on my game. Here is a handy tip:) replace all toothbrushes after contagious yuckiness and don't shortcut it by boiling them cuz the bristles will fall out. Now why would one need to bring that to someone's attention. I guess the same reason they put a warning on a rectal themomenter that says not to use orally. I am totally exposing myself as witless. Let me just say for the record that I do not need a warning when using a themometer but I am totally guilty of boiling my toothbrush. Offer up any tips you more refined ones might have on germ fighting to help us survive these upcoming flu months. Rachel, I expect a comment (or 2) from you sister. And don't forget to get your FLU SHOT!!!!

3 comments:

H.T. said...

Well, it has finally made it's way to our house. Ross came down with the junk today, but he's fairing pretty good considering. Say a prayer that it skips me! The odds do seem to be against me though. I had 7 students out with it TR and FRI and now Ross. Lord have mercy! As far as tips, Lysol was the air freshener of choice in my classroom for 2 days. I don't know, this bug seems pretty relentless. Glad you all are out of the woods!

Amanda said...

Oh, that makes for a very long week! I'm glad you are all on the mend and I'll be praying from some immunity for your mom. When we have a bug go through our house, I get the Lysol and spray every doorknob, light switch, faucet, and all the remote controls...and sometimes I just spray Jeremy for good measure :-)

Beverly said...

First let me say... at first glance, I thought your post title said, "I hate Germans." LOL! I wasn't sure what to think... but, germs... yes, I hate them, too.

We haven't gotten the stomach bug yet, knock on wood. Thanks for the GermX reminder, though. I keep a big bottle in my van and two little bottles in my purse. lol.