Sep 15, 2008

Hurricane Tykes

Doesn't this look like fun!!! Fun may be a stretch but certainly was funny and interesting to stay in a hotel with 1 3 yr old, 1 4 yr old, 1 5 yr old, and 1 6 yr old. If you are wondering what led us to this venture, let me just say parents go to great lengths to reward their children.
I believe reading is key to a great education so I challenged Wil and Maggie to read 100 books during the summer months. Of course I read the books to them. I chose 75% of the books we read because I don't believe Handy Manny & Sleeping Beauty books will cut it, but 25% of the books we read were just that. Our reward was staying in a hotel with a pool. My kids love to stay in a hotel!! My friend Rachel agreed that would be a good reward for her kids too and since my kids will follow Abbie and Mia off a cliff....this only added to their excitement.
Frankly our precious blessings were wild!!! I kept expecting a hotel employee to knock on our door and give us a good scolding. I know my kids felt rewarded!

2 comments:

Mike Archer said...

did fema pick up the tab?

H.T. said...

Is it too late to switch cell groups? I'm a little concerned about what my child will be learning on Wed. nights. Just kidding! I'm sure Ross could teach them how to make things even more exciting! I think you two are awesome Moms and I am so blessed that our kids can grow up together!!!