Feb 20, 2009

Take My Life


Life comes at us fast. This week has been full of sad news for me involving some that I do know and some that I do not know. It was topped off yesterday when I was faced with a situation that brought me to my knees with fear. Maggie developed a fever in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday. Yesterday morning she woke up vomiting. She was pale and very weak. This is not in of its self abnormal for children, but when I noticed blood in her vomit the alarm in me sounded loudly. I rushed her to sick call at her doctor's office. We waited forever because there were so many kids. I could not keep myself from crying. Seeing all the other moms and dads with there sick children reminded me that life is very much out of our control. And even though I was pretty upset, I knew deep within my soul that my heavenly Father was right there with me. I type this with tears in my eyes and an awestruck heart because I know there nothing too difficult for Thee. Without details, Mags is fine and there it was nothing serious.

There has been a song on my heart that started last Sunday. Tommy spoke Sunday morning at church on marriage and had asked me to join him to talk about friendship in marriage. Yes, the LORD has blessed Tom and I with an amazing friendship. God has built our marriage brick by brick and today I praise Him for it. I know this, but to get up in front of a large group of people and share about it made me anxious. What if I stumble and don't make sense at all? What if my words don't glorify You, Father? All of these doubts weighed on me until God brought one word to me and that was consecrate!! It means to set apart and in this context in which the LORD spoke to me, it meant "Misty, consecrate yourself for Me only and I will do the rest." From this my mind landed on a song that I love. It comes from the "Hymns Ancient & Modern" cd that is produced by the Passion team. I love it!!!!! Go and get it if you want to be blessed by some beautiful music. Anyway the song is entitled, "Take My Life (and let it be)" by Chris Tomlin and Christy Knockels. This hymn sums up what I want to say to God: Take everything about me...take all I am and all I own and most certainly all that life brings my way--it is Yours Lord!!


I tried to post the video itself, but got so frustrated in the process. In order to keep from pulling my hair out I had to post the link instead. Watch it. It is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You and Tommy did a great job last Sunday! It was neat hearing all of your practical ideas to grow a friendship with your spouse. We took some tips from it and I'm sure many other did too! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad Maggie is better!