Feb 13, 2009

The Reasons Why

So obviously I over committed myself. I said the next 5 days my entries I would dedicate to the love Tom and I share. Here it is Friday and even now I am pressed for time. I broke a blogging promise and for that I'm sorry.

This has been a wonderful week with the Love Dare book Crossroads style. So although I slacked with my blogging, the love has been richly flowing here in our home. I think the idea was perfect.
I wanted to just list my favorites reasons that I love to love Tommy and why I am so crazy about him even after 9 years.

We started off very rocky. My past: childhood on....caused some great strain on our first year. To be quite frank about it, I didn't know if we would make it. But God was all over it. The LORD held us steady when the will to fight for our marriage had ceased! So after about 8 months of craziness, it was revealed that we must cling to each other and God that much tighter when all we wanted to do was run. From the outside looking in, things looked peachy. Even my closest girlfriend said she was shocked to learn 8 years later that my marriage was struggling. So if you read this and how now our marriage is thriving, know that it took God saving it. The key was that BOTH of us had a relationship with Jesus. And because of that we can look back and say "Thank you LORD for the rain" Just like that Mercy Me song goes, "if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain" That song is so dear to my heart!

The greatest thing I love about Tom is his His walk with God. Out of that flow all other reasons. I am amazed at his ability and courage to never ever hold back the Hope that lies within him. I am here to tell you folks, what you see of Tommy as a pastor is what I see at home (and more). He is the same no matter where you find him. Don't misunderstand me. He is nowhere near perfect, but he is not fake!!! He inspires me everyday. He has been my greatest mentor. I am constantly learning from him.

I love him because he never goes a day without affirming his devotion and love to me. Right about now you are probably saying "o.k. enough with this mush", but its true. Yes there are days when we disagree and disagree passionately....DUH, we fight is what I'm trying to say here. But a 24 hr period will not go by without us making it right. He is growing everyday in living with me in an understanding way. Now Tommy is not a romantic thinker, but I love him because he really gets me. In a lot of ways, he knows me better than I know myself. It has taken lots of yuck and lots of fun to get to this point.

I love his ability to make me laugh. We are good at laughing together. With the things I do, you have to laugh or be saddened-ha. Remind me to tell you a story about white tigers or bananas on the way to Eureka Springs. Life is fun with him. I am way too serious and intense, but he saves me from myself in this because he helps me to see the humor in things.

All the ways I love him cannot be expressed here in this blog, but I will spend the rest of my life making that man know that a love like mine can only come from our heavenly Father. I say this not for dramatic effect but because I can't contain it!

Here are some little things that get me in a big way:
1. I love to hear him talk sports.
2. the unashamed ways he will make our family laugh (wigs are sometimes involved)
3. the way he takes things apart when he doesn't know the problem (vcr)
4. the way he forces me to do things that I fear (six flags)
5. when calls just to say i love you
6. his spontaneity
7. he flies kites with me
8. when he brings me Starbucks and snickers home as a surprise
9. the kid in him
10. his generosity
11. the way he won't take part in my negativity
12. and on and on and on............

What God puts together, let no man seperate!

1 comment:

H.T. said...

You guys have a beautiful family and a great testimony! Love you both!