Apr 30, 2009

Precious Moments


We had one of those moments last night. You parents know the ones. The moments that will bring a tear to a glass eye. Tom and I were getting in bed. He pulled his side of the covers back and there on his pillow was a note from his eldest son, "I love daddy". Evidently during his rest time (rest time not nap time because 5 1/2 yr olds do not take a nap says Wilson) that day, apparently had gotten up and written Tom this note and put it on his daddy's pillow.

Wil and Tommy have always had a very strong bond! I blame it on the fact that Tommy was the one who changed his first poopey (sp?) diaper after his birth. All I know is that Tommy is always on Wil's mind. This is probably because daddy is always willing to play anything with Wilson from basketball to Crazy 8's to monster/dungeon. Thank you Uncle Mike for introducing the dungeon game to our family. I am forever indebted to you-NOT!! This game always ends in broken objects or broken children.

After seeing this note, I got teary. Tommy was pretty touched, but not enough to cry. Here is a Fun Fact: I have never seen Tom cry. There were no tears, but he did go straight to Wil's room where he was sleeping and give him a squeeze and kiss. It was beautiful.

Daddies never ever underestimate your importance. Your role is invaluable.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

How stinkin' precious! I got alittle teary-eyed at that.

Beverly said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!! *sniff*