Apr 27, 2009

Backyard Fun


It's been a while my blogging family. Not that you have missed me and my tales of a stay at home mom, but I haven't had many spare moments to sit down at the computer for longer than 5 minutes. Even as we speak, my hubby is patiently waiting on the couch for me to join him in some NBA playoff watching. It's their year no doubt about it!! GO LAKERS!

I had to post this video of daddy once again making life fun with a little water balloon action. Boys are so funny. He was so impressed with himself (obviously) that he got his daddy. Momma never fell prey to their numerous attempts to get me in throwing range. This is definitely a game that will get many request this summer! It was funny to watch Trey play along.
One thing that sold us on this house was the backyard. It is big but up until 2 weeks ago, it was bare. My kids never wanted to play in the back. Wil of course can't go 5 minutes without playing basketball and the goal is in front. Mags just wants to be where Wil is so I fought a losing battle every time trying to get them in the back. We home school so we need to make home fun because, well, that is where we spend 90 percent of our day. So when I found an awesome fort displayed at Sam's I begged Tom to think about getting it for us. I won without nagging thankfully. He bought the thing which came in 4 boxes (about 150-200 lbs a piece)....nothing but cedar wood. I guess that is what you call it. He had to build it completely from the ground up. A friend came by to help some with the foundation (thank you Chris cuz you really did help a lot) but for the most part Tom did the work. The instructions said that it would take 2 skilled workers about 40 hrs to build. Tom finished it easily in 40 hours doing 85% of the work himself. I love that he finishes what he starts. It has been so worth it. The kids love it. I myself am looking forward to some quiet times with the LORD up in the upper room as I like to call it!

5 comments:

Mike Archer said...

Lakers? Don't you mean LeBron?

Misty said...

WHAT EVA!!

James Hewitt said...

Le'Bron who? Is that some french guy?

Saraya and I saw the very same one at Sam's. We were dreaming of having it. It looked really cool. You will have to let Saraya come over and play one day....if it ever stops raining.

Misty said...

Anytime. We would love it!!! WE'll do it for sure the day the Lakers play their final game that deems them NBA champs of 09

Amanda said...

You can covet my school room if I can covet that play set. Someday...