Mar 10, 2009

A Date With Daddy

My baby girl and my wonderful man went out on a date tonight. I love the way Tom treats Maggie like she is the only real princess even though we know all good daddies think the same thing about their little girls. I fixed her hair which was not fun. It was like mixing water and oil. It was not the hair that gave us trouble, it was the hairdresser (me) and the not-so-cooperative princess. I stink at fixing hair and Maggie stinks at patience. We're both working on it. But by the time we finished, both momma and Mags were happy with the results.
No formal date is complete without a corsage (pictured is daddy presenting it to Mags)

Tommy has a great desire to date his daughter. Why? It shows her how a real man...gentleman that is...is suppose to conduct himself when with a lady. Tonight was a really special date. He took her to a daddy/daughter princess banquet. She got to wear a new pretty dress and be made to feel very very special.


I can't wait to hear how it went. I know it was fun. When you get Tommy and Maggie together, it is always a hoot. I just pray that Maggie didn't say poot or booty at the table. Those are her 2 recurrent units of expression right now. I can't count on Tom's rebuke if this situation arises since he struggles to contain his amusement. They are so much alike. I for one cannot tell a joke to save my life. People laugh at me not with me.


Well from the end of the night picture it looks like Maggie and her prince charming had a fancy time!!

1 comment:

H.T. said...

That is so sweet :)